Optimizing IT for Financial Performance in the Digital Age with Next-Generation Asset Management
8 February 2017
Patricia Adams | ITAM Evangelist | Ivanti
While traditional IT asset management (ITAM) may have worked well when IT assets were more static and less directly relevant to business performance, a new approach is needed in the dynamic age of cloud, agile and digital transformation. Next-generation asset management works hand-in-glove with IT service management and operations to optimize IT assets as performing entities relative to value and usage rather than simply idle assets purely managed for cost. On the other hand, building toward next-generation asset management (NGAM) requires a solid foundation in ITAM fundamentals. Join Dennis Drosgeth, Enterprise Management Associates, VP as he shares results of from recent survey research, “Optimizing IT for Financial Performance”.
- Why issues of discovery, audits, and software license management remain so problematic—for instance 30 hours is the average time preparing for audits purely for reconciling inventory data
- Is the role of the CMDB passé or more relevant than ever?
- The challenges of endpoint and mobile asset management—what strategies work best?
- Organizational patterns optimized for next-generation asset management
- Next-generation asset management and the cloud
- Data management for NGAM and why it’s so critical
- What metrics should you prioritize and why?
- What factors signify success; what are the red flags for failure?